21 June 2018
‘The Customer’/’You’/Your’ is all users and customers of the website: www.martinkeaveney.wordpress.com
‘The Website’ refers to the website:
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- All rights to submissions remain with the copyright owner.
- All submissions are made at the copyright owner’s risk. The website does not accept any responsibility for future perceived duplication of any ideas sent to the website. Although the owners/employees of the website will endeavour where reasonably possible to avoid duplication of any material ideas sent to the website, it is possible the owners/employees of the website may be working on similar ideas prior to, during, or subsequent to a client’s submission. The website and the customer have the option to refer the issue to legal counsel, where the dispute will be decided by independent judiciary.
- Payments are made for all services on the website in advance.
- Refunds will be made where the customer can determine clearly in writing where they are not satisfied with the service provided. Customers dissatisfied with assessment report may lodge a Formal Complaint about the service in writing via the contact form within 14 days of receiving the assessment. The website may opt to issue a full refund or offer a revised assessment or dispute the claim that the assessment was unfair, outlining the reasons for the assessment’s content, within 14 days of the original Formal Complaint. The website has the option to provide another service of equal value in lieu of a refund on the first occasion: for example, a second assessment of the same material. Customers then have the right to remain dissatisfied and request full refund. They must give notice of this remaining dissatisfaction by sending a Final Notice of Complaint via the contact form, within 14 days of the initial response from the website. The website has the option to issue full refund at this point, or to refer the issue to legal counsel, where the dispute will be decided by independent judiciary.
- The website reserves the right to not provide further services to customers that have already received full refunds.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the Republic of Ireland.
11 January 2019
‘The Customer’/’You’/Your’ is all users and customers of the website at www.martinkeaveney.wordpress.com and www.martinkeaveney.com and all customers that transact business at Martin Keaveney Creative Writing Facebook business page.
21 March 2019
The course fee for Creative Writing: One Day Course (Introduction) is non-refundable. If for any reason you cannot attend, you will be entitled to a place on a future course, which will be offered within 12 months of the original course date.
9 April 2020
Courses provided by Video Conference and other means:
The security, peace of mind and enjoyment of all participants attending courses via Video Conference or any other means provided by The Website are of paramount importance.
For the security and peace of mind of all participants, File sharing and Screen Sharing in software selected to operate the VC are disabled on all courses run by The Website via VC.
No unauthorised recording of any course provided by The Website via VC is permitted by any participants.
No screenshots or other photographic equipment are permitted for use during a course via VC provided by The Website.
No non-participating persons may attend or be present with any participant at a course via VC provided by The Website.
Participants are requested not to use other devices during a course via VC provided by The Website except in emergencies, unless they are using their phone for audio connection to the VC.
Participants should avoid background noise as much as possible during a course via VC provided by The Website. Facilitator may mute participants occasionally to minimise background noise.
U-18s are not permitted to be present during a course via VC provided by The Website.
Every reasonable effort has been made to prevent any unauthorised attendance at a course via VC provided by The Website. However, if any unauthorised/authorised person enters the course and succeeds in changing the security settings, no liability is accepted by The Website for any injury or loss or perceived injury or loss derived from theft, duplication or publishing of content, recording, displaying of inappropriate content, perceived insult or any other kind of personal or professional disturbance caused by attendance by authorised or unauthorised persons to any course via VC provided by The Website.
All material shared by participants of a course provided via VC or any other means by The Website remains the property of the participant. No other participant is permitted to share, duplicate or in any other way publish any other participants’ material outside the course parameters.
If You sign up for a course via VC provided by The Website you may be provided with access codes. These codes are for Your personal use and You should not share these codes elsewhere at any time on the internet or in any physical way with any other person.
All teaching materials provided during a course via VC or any other means provided by The Website are for Your personal use and should not be shared elsewhere at any time on the internet or in any physical way with any other person, except in the case of explicitly educational/academic texts or projects, in which case clear attribution to The Website must be included.
Participants must use headphones if attending a course via VC in a public place.
Amendment 13 January 2022
All participants registered for ‘Superflex Test Drive’ may attend any one module/workshop or mentorship session during the period specified in the advertisement running at the date of registration. This includes any detailed on the Superflex planner on The Website.