21 June 2018
‘The Customer’/’You’/Your’ is all users and customers of the website: www.martinkeaveney.wordpress.com
‘The Website’ refers to the website:
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- All rights to submissions remain with the copyright owner.
- All submissions are made at the copyright owner’s risk. The website does not accept any responsibility for future perceived duplication of any ideas sent to the website. Although the owners/employees of the website will endeavour where reasonably possible to avoid duplication of any material ideas sent to the website, it is possible the owners/employees of the website may be working on similar ideas prior to, during, or subsequent to a client’s submission. The website and the customer have the option to refer the issue to legal counsel, where the dispute will be decided by independent judiciary.
- Payments are made for all services on the website in advance.
- Refunds will be made where the customer can determine clearly in writing where they are not satisfied with the service provided. Customers dissatisfied with assessment report may lodge a Formal Complaint about the service in writing via the contact form within 14 days of receiving the assessment. The website may opt to issue a full refund or offer a revised assessment or dispute the claim that the assessment was unfair, outlining the reasons for the assessment’s content, within 14 days of the original Formal Complaint. The website has the option to provide another service of equal value in lieu of a refund on the first occasion: for example, a second assessment of the same material. Customers then have the right to remain dissatisfied and request full refund. They must give notice of this remaining dissatisfaction by sending a Final Notice of Complaint via the contact form, within 14 days of the initial response from the website. The website has the option to issue full refund at this point, or to refer the issue to legal counsel, where the dispute will be decided by independent judiciary.
- The website reserves the right to not provide further services to customers that have already received full refunds.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the Republic of Ireland.
11 January 2019
‘The Customer’/’You’/Your’ is all users and customers of the website at www.martinkeaveney.wordpress.com and www.martinkeaveney.com and all customers that transact business at Martin Keaveney Creative Writing Facebook business page.
‘The Website’ is the website at http://www.martinkeaveney.wordpress.com and http://www.martinkeaveney.com
21 March 2019
The course fee for Creative Writing: One Day Course (Introduction) is non-refundable. If for any reason you cannot attend, you will be entitled to a place on a future course, which will be offered within 12 months of the original course date.
9 April 2020
Courses provided by Video Conference and other means:
The security, peace of mind and enjoyment of all participants attending courses via Video Conference or any other means provided by The Website are of paramount importance.
For the security and peace of mind of all participants, File sharing and Screen Sharing in software selected to operate the VC are disabled on all courses run by The Website via VC.
No unauthorised recording of any course provided by The Website via VC is permitted by any participants.
No screenshots or other photographic equipment are permitted for use during a course via VC provided by The Website.
No non-participating persons may attend or be present with any participant at a course via VC provided by The Website.
Participants are requested not to use other devices during a course via VC provided by The Website except in emergencies, unless they are using their phone for audio connection to the VC.
Participants should avoid background noise as much as possible during a course via VC provided by The Website. Facilitator may mute participants occasionally to minimise background noise.
U-18s are not permitted to be present during a course via VC provided by The Website.
Every reasonable effort has been made to prevent any unauthorised attendance at a course via VC provided by The Website. However, if any unauthorised/authorised person enters the course and succeeds in changing the security settings, no liability is accepted by The Website for any injury or loss or perceived injury or loss derived from theft, duplication or publishing of content, recording, displaying of inappropriate content, perceived insult or any other kind of personal or professional disturbance caused by attendance by authorised or unauthorised persons to any course via VC provided by The Website.
All material shared by participants of a course provided via VC or any other means by The Website remains the property of the participant. No other participant is permitted to share, duplicate or in any other way publish any other participants’ material outside the course parameters.
If You sign up for a course via VC provided by The Website you may be provided with access codes. These codes are for Your personal use and You should not share these codes elsewhere at any time on the internet or in any physical way with any other person.
All teaching materials provided during a course via VC or any other means provided by The Website are for Your personal use and should not be shared elsewhere at any time on the internet or in any physical way with any other person, except in the case of explicitly educational/academic texts or projects, in which case clear attribution to The Website must be included.
Participants must use headphones if attending a course via VC in a public place.
Amendment 13 January 2022
All participants registered for ‘Superflex Test Drive’ may attend any one module/workshop or mentorship session during the period specified in the advertisement running at the date of registration. This includes any detailed on the Superflex planner on The Website.
Term & Conditions of In-Person Conferences & Seminars
31 March 2022
The item ‘ADMISSION’ provides registration for all events at the Conference only and access to all events and any other benefits as outlined elsewhere on The Website. No accomodation or meal are ordinarily included. However additional benefits, such as Refreshments as outlined on the Website may be included as part of this registration. The item ‘MKCW ADMISSION’ provides all of the privileges of ‘ADMISSION’ but is only open to any person registered on any course listed on the Website in the calendar year the conference is held. This also applies to courses running from the previous year. The website may permit other persons to purchase registration in this category in certain circumstances. Any purchase through this category in such certain circumstances by such persons must be agreed in advance. The discount provided to the category of MKCW ADMISSION will vary based on market conditions and other factors.
The item ‘PACKAGE’ provides all privileges associated with ADMISSION but also accommodation and breakfast and attendance to the Conference as set out on booking. In some cases breakfast may not be available but this will be clearly outlined and reflected in cost. No additional benefits are included except where clearly outlined on the Brochure. The item ‘MKCW PACKAGE’ provides all privileges associated with PACKAGE but is only open to any person registered on any course listed on the Website in the calendar year the conference is held. This also applies to courses running from the previous year. The item ‘WEEKEND FOR 2’ provides all privileges associated with ‘PACKAGE’ but for 2 persons. ‘MKCW WEEKEND FOR 2’ provides all privileges associated with WEEKEND FOR 2 but is only open to any two persons where one or more of the persons has been registered on any course listed on the Website in the calendar year the conference is held. This also applies to courses running from the previous year.
Group bookings are dealt with on a case-by-case basis by the Website with a nominated party from the group.
Conditions of Sale
The Schedule is subject to amendment at any time. Amendments may be due to cancellations of speakers, interviewers, other participants, technical issues, illness, market conditions or other factors. Notice will be given to you of any amendments. The Website will strive to replace any cancelled event with a similar event. However, this may not always be possible. The Website will offer an alternative in the case of being unable to replace a cancelled event, such as a later event, an online event or an alternative service on the website of equal value, or a monetary refund to the value of the single event, as determined by the Website.
Readings & Performances
Reading & performances may be held during the conference where you can read or perform your work individually or with others and these events may be attended by persons not registered at the conference where noted. Other participants in your performance must be registered attendees of the Conference except by prior arrangement with the Website. All rights for any readings or performance remain with You. You cannot charge any fee for access to any performance held during the Conference, except by prior arrangement with The Website. If you perform any reading or work from any creative work not originated by you, you are exclusively responsible for obtaining full rights for the public performance of such works. We may record or photograph your performance and use some or all for marketing with your permission.
Registration for the Conference is paid in full and in advance. Registration fees are as set out on the Website or associated emails or promotional material. Registration fees may be increased or decreased based on market conditions, inflation, increased or decreased numbers. This will not affect any previous registrations. You book your registration by paying the full Conference fee.
Any Discounts for attendees registered at other services at the Website may be offered or discontinued at any time. This will not affect any previous registrations. The terms of these will be clearly outlined on registration. No refunds can be made in the case of mistaken booking due to any confusion on Your part in respect of these offers. However The Website may offer alternative services in some circumstances.
If the Conference is cancelled by The Website for any reason that is not beyond the control of The Website, you will be offered a 100% monetary refund without handling fee. You may also choose to wait for an alternative date for the conference. You may also choose to convert your payment into course/service credit to the value of 135% of the Conference fee. You may also be offered an online version of the Conference plus 35% of course/service credit. An online version will depend on availability at the discretion of the Website. No liability is implied for any costs incurred due to the cancellation of the Conference beyond the Conference registration. If you purchase Conference fee plus any other service, such as Hotel services, airline transport, train tickets, bus tickets, ferry tickets, taxis or any other transport service of any kind, or any other item of cost incurred due to your registration at the Conference, this section of the payment is subject to the terms and conditions of the external provider. The Website will endeavour to refund any payment made directly to the Website for hotel services to you and will look for Hotels that offer a free cancellation policy. However, this policy may not be in operation at every hotel. The Website does not accept any liability for any other loss incurred due to cancellation of the conference. Transfers of non-conference costs to later dates may also be offered to you.
If the Conference is cancelled by forces beyond the control of the Website, you will be offered a refund less handling costs. You may also choose to convert your payment into course credit to the value of 135% of the Conference fee without any handling costs. You may also be offered an online version of the Conference plus 35% of course credit without any handling costs. An online version will depend on availability at the discretion of the Website. No liability is implied for any costs incurred due to the cancellation of the Conference beyond the Conference registration. If you purchase any conference item plus any other service, such as Hotel services, airline transport, train tickets, bus tickets, ferry tickets, taxis or any other transport service of any kind,this section of the payment is subject to the terms and conditions of the Hotel or the provider. However, the Website will endeavour to refund any payment made directly to the Website for hotel services to you and will look for Hotels that offer a free cancellation policy. However, this policy may not be in operation at every hotel. The Website does not accept any liability for any other loss incurred due to cancellation of the conference. Transfers of non-conference costs to later dates may also be offered to you. If you downgrade from Package to Conference Only, the hotel portion of your payment will be refunded less handling costs provided the Hotel carries free cancellation policy. This policy may be time-sensitive. All other refunds related to the Hotel are subject to the Hotel’s Terms and Conditions.
No other refunds are possible. The Website reserves the right to make exceptions in certain extreme cases.
We may photograph or film participants at the conference for marketing purposes. If You do not wish to appear in any of this media, you can request your image to be withheld on registration or at any time.
Amended 10 April 2022
The course fee for any other course/ event provided through The Website is non-refundable. If for any reason you cannot attend, you will be entitled to a place on a future course or event, which will be offered within 12 months of the original course date.
Amended 23 July 2022
If for any reason, the Website must reschedule any event or course, the fee paid is non-refundable, with the exception of Conferences as outlined above. You will be provided the same course or event at the rescheduled time. In the case of In-Person courses or events (where course or event takes place in a physical location as opposed to be presented through Video Conference or other electronic means), this rescheduled course or event may also be in the form of Video Conference. You may also choose to wait until the course or event is available In-Person or transfer the registration fee to any other service on the Website. The credit must be used within 12 months of the original course/event.
Amended 25 July 2022
Courses will be delivered by Dr Martin Keaveney or similarly qualified associate lecturer unless otherwise posted on the course description.
Amended 14 December 2022